Location: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Work as a mechanical design engineer with an extraordinary sensitivity to product aesthetics.
- Making sketches, 2-D and 3-D models for products that are under development.
- Collaborating with engineering, manufacturing, and procurement teams to create ease-of-use and consistent design attributes.
- Translating concepts and prototypes into formal design requirements, specifications and drawings.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Expert in the use of SolidWorks.
- Proficient with 3DMAX, Coreldraw or equivalent is a plus, capabilities of making 2-D & 3-D drawings that strongly demonstrate the technical competency and sensitivity to aesthetics.
- Strong communications (written and verbal) in English.
- Strong level of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Strong knowledge in the various rapid prototype techniques and tools necessary to produce full-size or scale models of design solutions.
- Knowledge in metal finishing is a plus (anodizing, tumbling, powder coating).
- Bachelor/Master of mechanics engineering with concentration in Industrial/Art design or equivalent.
- 3 years+ experience working as a mechanical or industrial designer. ling, powder coating).
- Portfolio demonstrating successful examples is a must.